Custom Cardboard Big Heads Photo Tips
Create the best big head cutouts by following these guidelines.
We can take just about any image and create a big head cutout. Please check out this photo tips page to see the minimum standards and guidelines.
Minimum Resolution for Cardboard Big Heads
To ensure that your cutout is the best it can be we have a set of resolution and photo standards. If you have any doubts or concerns on the quality of your images, please check these guidelines. If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
Images Should be at least 5mp
Photos printed or developed by a commercial printer or a sublimation photo printer are the best. Photos printed on a non-commerical printer or home printer will show dots when enlarged. When taking a photograph with a digital camera, always put it to the highest settings. If you need more information on that, check out our "Taking Your Photos" directions directly below.
Scanned in Photos
Scanned photos should be at least 200dpi enlarged to print/order size or 1200dpi at original photo size.
Taking Your Photos
- Take it vertically, not horizontally
- Use your cameras highest setting.
- Fill the frame with the subjects face.
- Keep the lighting conditions in mind. A dark photo means a dark big head cutout.
- Try not to use the least zoom possible, just get closer.
- Do not cut the top of the head or the chin.
- Light backgrounds are better
- The auto setting is usually fine for taking photos for cutouts.
- Sharp, focused, and clear images work the best.
- Negatives or slides are not currently accepted